- We, the Indigenous peoples of West Papua, have set our collective mission to save our New Guinea Island from destruction and disaster to the lungs of our planet Earth, the New Guinea rainforests
- We, declare that the forests of New Guinea will always be the lungs of our planet Earth, and the waters and waters of New Guinea stay blue and calm as we inherited from our ancestors.
- We, therefore, the declare that our state is a Green State and our country is a Blue Country.
This blog is presented by the Office of the President of West Papua Provisional Government, based in Papua New Guinea, under the Ministry of Environment and Green State Policy.
The aim of the blog is to present various information on West Papua as a modern nation-state to be established in this 21st century and more importantly, it explains as clearly as possible, the meaning of “West Papua as a Green State”.
It is called, “Green State Policy“. under a special Minister for the Environment and Green State Policy, headed by a West Papuan Senior Women Politician: Fany Kogoyany
It is the policy of the Minister to present clearly to the world what we mean by “West Papua as a Green State“, the first and only modern nation-state in the world that declares itself as “Green nation-state”.
- The label “green” has nothing to do with modern philosophical and political schools in the world today.
- It has no relations with “Green Politics” or Green Political Parties around the world.
- It has no connection with the environmental movement, ecological studies around the world in postmodern educational system.
The “green” colour in West Papua as a modern nation-state represents something original and native to life and living values:
- according to the laws of the nature, as the living laws and laws of the life;
- symbolises the Mother-hood of the Earth that bears, sustains and at the come welcomes us back after this life.
- emphasizes the balance in life rather than over production and
- seeks for simple joy on which harmony presides rather than democracy, rights, peace and order where prosperity becomes the goal in life and living;
- represents the blue ocean of the calm South Pacific ocean.
“Green State” the nature of the government, and NOT about “colour”. It is to do with
- government policy in a modern nation-state called West Papua
- government that is based on the values, norms and systems that already exists within the tribal peoples of West Papua.
- government that is pro-mother, a government that is given birth and sustained by mothers in West Papua with the Island as our Mother-Land, that is organised based on Mama Law or the Customary Law of each clan and tribe.
The Minister for Environment and Green State Policy of the Republic of West Papua hereby welcomes you to join us in our global family to save and maintain the Isle of New Guinea as the lungs of our planet Earth.